Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3, 2010 - My Kitchen Roots


Starting today I have decided to embark on creating a blog.  This is where I will begin my recipe journal!  I'll talk about the cooking shows I watch, what chefs I love and the foods I find on my travels. Being retired does help and as much as I love cooking and enjoy seeing that look when someone takes the first bite from something I've cooked, I figured what the heck, I might as well start a blog and let everyone see and try my dishes in their homes.

Oh I've had so many desasters but knew exactly what not to cook again or add to a recipe.  This is how I've learned.  Oh I just couldn't stand it when something came our tasting terrible but hey what did I expect. I couldn't always have something great tasting.  But you can but I was going to try to cook it again!

I really can't pinpoint what you would call my cooking style.  I just love cooking. I have such a passion for it.  I LOVE watching all the cooking shows.  I am in awe when I watch "Top Chef".  The techniques and dishes they come up with sometimes blow my mind. All these questions start to run through my mind.  Where did they learn to cook like that? Was it through a culinary school?  Was it at home on their own?   My god I watch them when they have challenges and feel like I would freeze up. But the one thing I do know is that I have such a passion for cooking and learning new things. Of course life gets in the way of being able to do everything I want.   To be continued....

No comments: